The Katie McBurnett Memorial Scholarship is designed to help those who have received an organ transplant attend a post-secondary school, whether it’s a community college, out-of-state university, or trade school. Katie attended Hanover College, and was unable to locate a scholarship to help her offset the costs of in-state tuition at a private university.
- Be a recipient of an organ transplant, or be in the immediate family of a recipient (parent, child, or sibling).
- Provide personal goals for the next two years. (250-500 words)
- Explain what you have done or will do to promote organ donation awareness. (250-500 words)
- Provide two letters of recommendation (not from a family member).
- Provide a copy of an acceptance letter from a college, university, trade, or technical school.
- Use the scholarship money for continuing education during the 2017-2018 school year.
Applications must be completed online, and recommendation letters must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “[Applicant Name] Recommendation Letters”. Deadline for applications is April 15. If you need to mail your application for any reason, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Rules and Regulations
One or more $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in the spring of 2017. The Katie’s Wish Foundation reserves the right to refuse to award the scholarship for any reason, whether it be a lack of applications, or no one meeting scholarship requirements. We will work with the winner to provide the money to the school of their choice for their tuition, books, or room and board. Money must be used in the 2017-2018 school year. Applicants must reside in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky or Ohio